People of all ages can face the problem of worm infections. As you know, parasites can live asymptomatically in your body for a long time, so it's important to take precautions to clear your body from time to time. Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body are reflected in the general condition of a person, often he is haunted by chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive disorders, sleep disturbancesand cravings. Today we will talk about how to recognize worms in the body. In the article below, you will learn about the characteristics of the symptoms and treatment of parasitic infections.
What is a parasite?
Parasites are organisms that can live in the human body and eat it. There are different types of parasites that can cause different symptoms and illnesses. They can also masquerade as different diseases. Parasitic infections can very often develop in children, as well as in adults, especially if the pet is kept at home - animals. Parasites are organisms that can live in the human body and eat it.
Science has proven that there are more than two hundred and fifty different types of parasites. And medical statistics show that 95% of people are infected with parasites, in the human body the parasites live in clover and reproduce in various organs and systems of the body.
They live in the intestines, as well as in the liver, they can live in the lungs, in the heart and even in the brain, blood and lymph. Very often, worms appear in people with weakened immune systems. Parasites live for a very long time and do not stop multiplying exponentially.
The main mechanisms for the spread of worms
- Soil, sand and other soils are the most fertile habitats for worm eggs. Fruit trees are often in contact with the ground. Harvested fruits and vegetables come into contact with workers' hands, dust from vegetable store shelves and trucks. Under such conditions, the product is most likely contaminated with egg parasites. Therefore, it is necessary to thoroughly rinse plant products under running water, and then pour boiling water on top. You should be especially vigilant in rural areas, where pets walk around the yard and into the house. It is not difficult to imagine the kind of sewage that cats and dogs can bring into the house after a night walk. Flies and cockroaches are also carriers of helminth eggs. By landing on food, insects can infect your food. Any contact with soil and sand can lead to parasites entering the human body. Therefore, it is necessary to wash your hands thoroughly, especially under the nails. In particular, this applies to children.
- From one person to another. This infection mechanism is highly effective. For example, pinworms lay eggs at night in the area around the anus. The sleeping baby will scratch at the spawning site, because the itching begins there. Thousands of eggs fall on clothes, on beds and in the morning on doorknobs and on everything a small child touches in the morning even before washing hands and doing laundry. As a result, the whole family is at risk of infection.
- When in contact with water. Open water bodies contain large numbers of worms. Bathing and accidentally swallowing water poses a serious risk of infection
Children are at a much higher risk of getting infected with worms than adults. The reason is that the child's body is poorly protected (the defense mechanism has only just been formed), the child is actively exposed to the outside environment. Parents should make an amazing effort to familiarize their children with the basic rules of personal hygiene. A child under 6 years of age is at high risk of infection. According to statistics, about 95% of children under 4-5 years old are infected with worms. Therefore, special attention should be paid to prevention.
Most worms are inside the body, only there they lay eggs, after a certain time they will die. For example, pinworms live 6-8 weeks, roundworms - up to 1 year. The number of parasites in the body increases only when there is the penetration of new eggs from the outside.
Treatment allows you to get rid of worms much faster and stop laying eggs in the intestine. Children with helminth infections are unlikely to get better on their own without medication. New eggs will not stop entering the oral cavity, adding to the ranks of the adults in the child's body.
What are the signs to recognize worm infestation?
Signs to identify worms in humans are very obvious and latent. Obvious manifestations include "unreasonable" weight loss, pale appearance (anemic skin), chronic fatigue, and nighttime anal itching. These symptoms are well known and indicate an infection. Often there are cases of infiltration of helminths, in which diseases of the internal organs are aggravated, diseases that have not been manifested before occur. These are considered hidden signs.
A person is taken to treat many diseases, and the cause is not noticed. In this case, therapy did not bring results. Here are examples of such cases:
Infectious diseases due to reduced immunity
Parasites when in the human body will consume a lot of nutrients, excreting toxic substances. Such cases significantly reduce the patient's immunity. Exacerbation of chronic diseases, various inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx can begin. Parasites when in the human body will consume a lot of nutrients, excreting toxic substances. Such cases significantly reduce the patient's immunity.
Conventional treatment for sinusitis or stomatitis is meaningless. It is important to rule out the cause. In girls and women, inflammatory processes of the uterine appendages, vulvovaginitis, vaginitis can often begin.
Folk signs say: if a person snores or grinds his teeth in a dream, it means that the person needs to be treated for parasites. But this information has not been confirmed by medical science.
General discomfort due to body poisoning
The more severe the penetration of helminths into the patient, the more toxic substances that the parasite secretes. This is detrimental to the health and nervous system of adults and children.
An example of this is migraine, dizziness, joint pain. To overcome nausea, a person takes painkillers, but the pain returns after a short time: the cause of this illness goes unnoticed.
In children, disorders of the autonomic nervous system are accompanied by irritability, apathy, aggression. If your child is starting to have trouble sleeping, talk a lot in his sleep, have nightmares, have a bad school year, then it's time to start preventing worms.
Allergic reactions, skin diseases
The waste products of worms are considered allergens. Skin reaction (rash, itching, rash, peeling of the skin) - this is the minimum possible symptom when the allergy starts. Skin reaction (rash, itching, rash, peeling of the skin) - this is the minimum possible symptom when the allergy starts.
There is a possibility of general body reactions: exacerbation of asthma, rhinitis, cough. Sometimes a worm infestation is accompanied by brittleness and hair loss, cracked heels, and peeling nails.
Depending on the severity of the infection, symptoms can range from mild to severe. From mild nausea and diarrhea to chronic flatulence, constipation, vomiting, umbilical and hypogastric pain. Tissue worms do not affect the gastrointestinal tract as much as intestinal parasites.
Signs and symptoms of parasites in the body
- allergic reactions (edema on the mucous membranes, the formation of compressed foci);
- constipation or diarrhea;
- a cough;
- anxiety and sleep disturbances;
- cold sweats and loss of strength;
- heart attack and more.
The main sources of parasite infections during the summer are: raw fish, dirty hands, unwashed vegetables and fruits, water (protozoa that survive in chlorinated water in cysts) and of course, pets. On the fur of animals that have worm eggs (Roscariasis and Toxocariasis), Giardia, and through the wet breath of dogs, the eggs of the parasites are dispersed up to 5 meters.
Summer time is the time when the risk of infection with parasites is very high. This issue is especially true for children. According to statistics, 8 out of 10 students are infected with parasites: outdoor games, dirty hands and close contact with animals often provoke the appearance of "harmful inhabitants", fromThat creates nutritional deficiencies in children, stunting their growth. and develop.
The symptoms of worms depend on the type of parasite
For different types of worms in humans, the symptoms will be different. It is also worth considering the duration and strength of the parasitic infection, the general condition of the patient before the infection. The table below analyzes the main symptoms of the presence of worms in humans according to their breed.
|Type of parasite (disease)||Mode of infection||Symptom||Duration of symptoms|
|Pinworms (Enterobiosis)||With foods of plant origin.||At night, itching around the anus, parasites in the stool, short-term sharp pain in the navel.||2-3 days after infection|
|Vlasoglav (trichocephalosis)||With contaminated food cooked in unsanitary conditions.||Symptoms are manifested only in severe invasive: diarrhea, abdominal pain, anorexia, appendicitis. In children, body growth may be slowed and even rectal prolapse may occur.||Some week|
|Wide tapeworm (diphyllobothriasis)||By eating infected river fish.||This parasite can live up to 25 years inside the body of an infected person. Intestinal mechanical damage, beriberi, intestinal obstruction, systemic toxicity, allergies.||Some week|
|Roundworm (hookworm)||When walking barefoot on charged ground.||Swollen and itchy feet and legs at the sites of penetration of parasites. Cough, lots of phlegm, hurt the bronchi and lungs. Weakness, dizziness. Menstrual cycle in women is disturbed. Men are impotent.||A few days|
|roundworm (ringworm)||With foods of plant origin.||Intestinal pain, peritonitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, liver and pancreatic diseases. They can cause suffocation by crawling from the digestive tract into the esophagus or respiratory tract.||About 3 months|
|Trichinella (Trichinosis)||Poorly processed meat, high in fat.||Nausea and heartburn, diarrhea.||2 days|
|Liver and giant flukes (Fasciolosis)||Food and vegetable water.||Fever, dry cough, loss of appetite, abdominal pain.||2-4 weeks|
In which organs can the parasite live?
Worm parasites are divided into two types corresponding to the active site in the donor body.
- Cavity - worms live in different parts of the digestive tract. There are about 100 types of intestinal parasites, and for each part of the intestine there are several dozen species. The small intestine is readily receptive to roundworms, antilosts, broad tapeworms, and other less common "brothers". The small intestine will "share its living space" with pinworms, tapeworms, and the rest. In the medical literature, cases are described when a person is infected with several types of parasites simultaneously.
- Tissue - worms are localized in organs, tissues and even in the blood. Modern medicine successfully copes with paragonimiasis (lungs), cysticercosis (brain), echinococcosis (liver) and filariasis (lymphatic vessels). Some worm larvae move through the body through the circulatory system and randomly attach to any organ. If multiple eggs are introduced, the entire organism can become infected.
Consequences of parasites on the human body
Against foreign antibodies, the body's immune system is depleted. In humans, stores of potassium, copper, manganese, selenium, zinc, magnesium, and silicon are reduced. In addition to impaired hematopoiesis and hormonal disturbances, parasites:
- Damage to organs and tissues.
- Depletes the immune system.
- Disturbed metabolism.
- They poison the body with poison.
- Violation of blood supply to organs and lymphatic circulation.
- Inhibits microflora in skin and intestines.
- Inhibition of children's growth and development, etc. v.
It is worth noting that the human body has a defense mechanism that can neutralize the parasite. A normally functioning intestine also produces special substances to destroy parasites.
For example, worm eggs can die in saliva, which can be stopped by the acidic environment of the stomach. A normally functioning intestine also produces special substances to destroy parasites. However, few people can boast of perfect health.
How to deal with parasites
Firstly, drug treatment, which is highly effective and based on the use of synthetic drugs. However, taking these drugs not only destroys the parasites, but also damages the bone marrow, blood cells, mucous membranes of the digestive tract, kidneys, liver, and nerve cells. After such treatment, remedial measures are usually required.
Second, alternative treatments - herbal infusions to cleanse the body. This method does not cause complications and has practically no contraindications. The most popular recipes against parasites include garlic, mugwort tincture, ground ginger, herbal decoction and other natural ingredients. Unfortunately, the effectiveness of this method has not always been proven and the exact dosage has not been fully established.
Additives and biologically active complexes on a natural basis have a multi-component effect on the body. At the first stage, the body is cleansed, then - an active attack against parasites, and finally - the intestinal microflora is restored.
Treatment of worms
Treatment of parasitic diseases is a big deal. It is important not only to know how to get rid of the parasites, but also to present the goals of parasite treatment:
- remove parasites and all forms of their existence (cysts, eggs, larvae, etc. ),
- normalize the disturbed work of all organs and systems,
- body recovery.
The choice of a course of treatment is made individually, based on:
- the severity of the parasitic invasion,
- the presence of complications from a particular organ,
- severity of concurrent human diseases, v. v.
The advantages of drugs in the treatment of parasitic diseases are:
- the possibility of aggregating the positive effects of several means.
How to remove parasites
Do not start self-medication. In our country there are about 60 types of common worms, for each type it is necessary to choose an appropriate preparation. Usually, the doctor uses 10 drugs and their analogues that are suitable for the type of helminth. These drugs have a mild detoxifying effect on the patient's body.
Prevention of parasites
The parasite "lives" in the organs of most people. Unfortunately, even unborn babies cannot be protected from protozoan parasites. Of course, to destroy them, you can not resort to drugs, radiation and other actions. To prevent the "worms" from starting to multiply again, you'll need to change your diet, ideally switching to a raw or plant-based diet for a while.
The number of parasites in the human body is increasing day by day. There are many of them, as a result of diseases and disorders of the organs that are born. If you really want anti-parasitic cleaning, one cleaning procedure will not be enough.
This issue should be approached holistically, preferably under the supervision of a specialist. And so that the "worms" do not start to multiply again, you need to change your diet, ideally switching to a raw diet or sitting on a plant-based diet for a while.