Parasitic diseases are one of the most common diseases, occurring at all ages, regardless of sex. In particular, the disease often occurs in children in the warm season. The risk group also includes people who come into contact with homeless animals and do not follow the rules of personal hygiene.
The helminths are initially found in the gastrointestinal tract, have formed, the worms can penetrate through the intestinal mucosa into the liver, lungs, and even the brain, moving through the circulatory system.
The presence of parasites will be indicated by some of the main symptoms of the infection, but there are also remote signs due to worm activity. Patients with the disease may have diseases not related to the digestive tract.
- active weight loss, while appetite only improves, people eat a lot;
- fatigue, lethargy, irritability for no reason;
- problems with memory and concentration, forgetfulness;
- muscle weakness and pain.
There are different types of helminths that can cause other disorders. For example, giardia causes gastrointestinal problems, pork tapeworms cause significant weight loss, roundworms lead to allergic manifestations and even bronchial asthma. Worms transmitted from cats (liver flukes) have symptoms such as liver pain, high body temperature.
Important!For the child's body, helminth infections are especially dangerous, because children also have poor immune resistance, they multiply and spread throughout the body quite quickly.
It should also be noted that the stomach of a child is smaller, but the worms develop again, because this organ is strongly elastic, so it can take up all of them, causing extremely uncomfortable consequences.
In children, helminthiasis will manifest with sleep disturbance, irritability, loss of appetite.(when worms are full of stomach), fatigue, indigestion. These are typical signs for the presence of roundworms or Giardia in the child's body.
An adult's body already has a set of enzymes that partially protect against infection. They stay in the mouth, becoming a significant barrier to larval penetration.
Worth knowing!The patient develops a severe allergic reaction in response to the infection.
Worms negatively affect the immune defense, defense mechanisms are reduced, the function of the liver and the entire digestive tract is disturbed. Infected people will be susceptible to various seasonal infectious diseases, colds, flu and others. The treatment of these diseases inherently requires a lot of effort and a long time.
There is a division of parasites into species, with intestinal and intestinal tracts. These bacteria enter the gastrointestinal tract and multiply there, but extra-gastrointestinal bacteria spread in the muscles, liver, heart, lungs, under the skin, and other organs. The latter are very dangerous, as they can enter anywhere through the bloodstream, disrupting the functioning of any organ.
Roundworms, pinworms, and roundworms (intestines) have the following symptoms:
- allergic rash, acne, acne on the face and all over the body;
- fragility of hair and nails;
- the appearance of papillomas, various types of warts;
- increased sebum secretion and roughness of the skin.
Usually, papillomas begin to appear in people who have helminths on their bodies. Other signs of infection include worsening weight loss, bad taste and bad breath. The patient began to worry about sleeping, waking up in the middle of the night.
In severe cases, worms can cause cardiovascular diseases, benign and malignant tumors.They can cause seizures, symptoms of diabetes. Nocturnal teeth grinding may be observed, but this does not prove the presence of disease.
Attention!The human liver is especially negatively affected by liver flukes, which leads to a strong inflammatory process of this organ. When the disease occurs, blockage of the hepatic duct will occur, and at the same time negatively affect the vascular system.
The danger is that in the early stages, the disease may not show outwardly, but as the pathogen grows, the vivid clinical picture of the disease becomes clear. Quite often, a person turns to the wrong specialist, since worms cause various pathologies, which hide the real cause of the disease.
Liver flukes can cause the following symptoms:
- high body temperature up to 39 degrees;
- dermatological manifestations in the form of a rash, redness of the skin;
- epigastric pain;
- an increase in the liver is observed when the organ is felt;
- symptoms of dyspepsia, diarrhea then constipation.
Without treatment, a person's condition gradually worsens, symptoms increase, and dangerous signs of a serious infection appear. Patients appear insomnia, restlessness, nervousness, loss of strength for no reason. There is also obvious pain in the abdomen and back, biliary colic. Often, infection is accompanied by such a manifestation as the formation of cysts of internal organs.
The most common signs of infection:
- violation of the function of the intestine against the background of the large size of helminths, which can lead to obstruction;
- constipation, which is the result of a blockage of certain parts of the intestine;
- diarrhea occurs when the worms remove substances such as chloride and sodium, while they do not leave the body in the stool;
- flatulence, soreness, due to the accumulation of worms in the upper intestine;
- anal itching, nocturia, tremors are mandatory symptoms of pinworm infection.
Treatment with folk remedies
Alternative medicine formulations do not guarantee quality, but they have been tested for years and have failed millions of people. Home treatments are mainly aimed at improving a person's general condition, and then only at eliminating the cause, if possible.
Important thing to rememberthat any folk remedy can adversely affect health and aggravate an existing disease, therefore, before treatment, it is imperative to consult a doctor.
Traditional medicine recommends starting treatment with dietary changes, which is also confirmed by doctors. It is necessary to increase the amount of foods such as pomegranate, pepper, garlic, onions, grapefruit, pumpkin seeds and apple cider vinegar in the diet.
Traditional medicine formulas are effective in the early stages of infection, when the worms in the body have not yet spread. It is also important to note that fasting is not a cure, this way you cannot get rid of the parasites, but you can also go to a state of exhaustion, no longer able to fight the worms.
For deworming, drugstore preparations should be used in parallel with folk remedies.There are products known as dewormers, which should be considered as both treatment and prevention methods.
Effective home remedies:
- Vera- the plant promotes intestinal peristalsis, is a natural antibacterial agent, destroys allergens;
- anise- Together with a laxative, it will help relieve intestinal spasms, for cooking you need 3 small spoons of the plant, pour 150 ml of boiling water and leave for 20 minutes;
- White only- the plant eliminates muscle pain, but the remedy is contraindicated for pregnant women and people with diabetes;
- Barberry- To cook, you need to mix 3 grams of root or 2 teaspoons of locust beans with 150 ml of water, boil for 15 minutes, then drink 2 times a day;
- Baking soda- you need to dissolve a quarter of a teaspoon in water and drink it before going to bed;
- ElecampaneIt is a natural digestive stimulant that helps to deal with indigestion.
Using cat's claw, Da Lat chili, periwinkle, chrysanthemum money to cure diseases is also very effective. For example, carrots are an affordable way to get rid of pinworms in young children. You need to eat some grated carrots daily on an empty stomach.
However, garlic is the most effective and well-known dewormer. It kills more than 20 types of parasites. For a healing effect, it is enough to eat just one clove of garlic with a meal.
Troychatka includes several components that are active against helminthiasis. These are walnuts, wormwood, cloves.
Shrimps need to be chopped. From walnuts you will need the green bark of a young tree. It is necessary to grind the product (about 15 pieces) and pour 0. 5 liters of alcohol. Insist for a month. Wormwood for cooking must be dried, then chopped into a blender.
Clove seeds strengthen immunity and kill worms. The first day you need to take 1/5 of the spoon, then increase the dose to 2/5, from the 3rd day you need to take a full spoon.
Wormwood powder should be taken on the first day, 1 pinch, washed with plenty of water. The following days, the dosage is increased by 1 pinch.
Granulated tincture should be consumed on the first day in the amount of 1 drop per 100 ml of water, then the dosage is increased to 1 drop per day.
The approximate course of treatment is 14 days.
When choosing a treatment, it's important to remember that without dietary changes, this process can be delayed. To get rid of worms, you need to approach it holistically, using folk recipes, medicinal products and following a diet.