Heartworm disease is a disease that occurs when the body is infected with helminths (filarial worms). They cause many other dangerous diseases and weaken the immune system a lot. Worms can colonize not only the intestines, but also the eyes, brain, and muscles. It is important to know how to deworm at home and what steps to take to prevent infection.
Why should helminthiasis be treated?
Almost all known worms have a negative effect on the human body:
- Roundworm - damages tissues and organs, leads to chronic pathologies of the heart, liver, lungs, gastrointestinal tract.
- Vlasoglavy - penetrates the walls of the gastrointestinal tract, attaches to them and poisons the body with their vital products of action.
- Echinococcus - clogs the bile ducts, causes cholecystitis and choledocholithiasis, forms cysts in internal organs and even the brain.
That is why it is imperative to get rid of helminths, and the sooner the better.
How to detect if a person has worms at home?
It is not possible to determine with the naked eye the presence of worms in the body. But there are characteristic symptoms that may indicate an infection:
- drowsiness, chronic fatigue, irritability;
- frequent diarrhea or constipation, vomiting, nausea;
- weakened immune system, frequent colds;
- sudden allergic manifestations;
- Sudden unexplained weight loss.
In children, the presence of worms is characterized by the following symptoms:
- poor sleep, grinding teeth while sleeping;
- frequent diarrhea, vomiting, bloating;
- excessive foam flow;
- itching in the anus;
- irritability, drowsiness;
- fragility of nails, hair and dry skin.
However, these signs are not specific to worm infections and may be associated with other medical conditions. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor. An infectious disease specialist and a gastroenterologist should be contacted.
To make an accurate diagnosis and find out which worms have affected the body, get a stool test, smear, and blood help in the lab.
Treat worms with folk remedies
Folk recipes also help to get rid of helminths, but it is better to combine them with drugs. On their own, they act more slowly and do not always fully, that is, to achieve the desired result, a far different course is required.
Onions are effective against pinworms, giardia, roundworms, killing them in one or two applications. Garlic will help get rid of any worms, but is contraindicated in exacerbations of gastrointestinal diseases, epilepsy and liver failure.
Recipes with garlic and onions:
- Cut a large onion, pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 10 hours. Means drink once in the morning on an empty stomach. The course can be repeated in a week.
- A couple of cloves of garlic (55 g) need to be crushed and pour 250 ml of vodka, press for a week. Take 30 drops three times a day for 14 days.
Helps to safely remove nematodes and pests. Nuts must be used unripe and in the shell. Pour four tablespoons of chopped ingredients with a cup of boiling water and press until cool. Drink the entire volume of the prepared product during the day divided into three parts. The last part must be supplemented with a laxative.
A pomegranate peel remedy can not only be used to get rid of the parasites but also to prevent re-infection. It is prepared like this:
- 5 g of chopped dried pods poured with boiling water (0. 5 l);
- the mixture is burned and evaporated so that half the liquid remains;
- after cooling, the drug is taken whole on an empty stomach;
- After a few hours, you need to bring.
Used as an enema. The device gently affects the digestive tract, helping to expel the worms. Before a medical douche, a cleansing douch should be performed.
The tip of the spicy plant must be crushed, poured with boiling water (250 ml) and allowed to cool. Then filter the alcohol and mix with 250 ml of milk.
Milk increases the effectiveness of garlic and has a mild laxative effect.
This is the most popular and known remedy for getting rid of worms. To get rid of parasites, seeds are used:
- Every day on an empty stomach, you need to eat 2 large spoons of raw seeds, 2 hours after taking a laxative.
- On an empty stomach, you need to eat 300 g of nuts and after half an hour drink a glass of milk, then take a laxative.
Pumpkin seeds have no contraindications. However, they should be used with caution for people with increased stomach acid.
An alcoholic drink, when used properly, will also help get rid of parasitic worms. Every day on an empty stomach, you should drink 15 g of alcohol, and after 30 minutes - a tablespoon of castor oil. The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
If you are intolerant of cognac in its pure form, the drink can be mixed with tea or water.
For deworming, it is recommended to do a coffee enema procedure. Three teaspoons of natural ground must be mixed in one liter of water. The solution was infused until cooled and filtered. It should be incubated in the intestine for about 15-20 minutes. Duration of treatment is 14 days, after a week can be repeated to prevent disease recurrence.
Wormwood, tansy, yarrow
Wormwood has a detrimental effect on worms. To deworm with dried wormwood, you need to prepare tincture:
- Vodka pour grass in the ratio 1: 3.
- Emphasize seven days.
- Take 50 g on an empty stomach for two weeks.
You can also mix the herb with a cup of boiling water and steep it until it cools down, then divide the remedy into portions and drink it throughout the day. Both recipes are very effective and safe, helping to quickly get rid of parasites, if not in violation of the dosage.
Taboo with wormwood for pregnant women, as well as during menstruation.
You can deworm at home quickly and without consequences with the help of other herbs:
- Tansy's decoction. Dry grass is ground into a powder and then mixed with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat 1 tbsp. l. in the morning and evening. This treatment is only suitable for adults. Evening reception is recommended in combination with an enema or carrier.
- Immortelle from the ice parasite. 2 large spoons of grass are mixed with boiling water (0. 5 l) and incubated in a thermos for 14 hours. Strain and take half a glass three times a day for 7 days.
A delicious remedy that not only helps to get rid of worms, but also strengthens the immune system to quickly eliminate the consequences of the invasion. Cranberry juice drink 500-750 ml per day for 3-5 days. Sugar cannot be added to the drink.
How to quickly deworm with medicine
Unwanted "neighbors" need to not only be destroyed, but gently eliminated - get rid of them without harming your own body. Treatment of worms is carried out in three stages:
- Preparation, lasting up to a week. During this time, the body must be cleansed of harmful substances and prepared for the next course of treatment. To do this, three times a day, you should take pumpkin seed oil half an hour before meals, 1 teaspoon each time.
- Mainly using dewormers. It is at this time that the worms are dewormed and completely eliminated from the body.
- Recovery - diet and vitamin supplements to quickly restore health after deworming therapy.
To get rid of parasites, it's best to apply a drug deworming method under the supervision of a treating specialist.
There are many effective medications, but they often cause negative side effects. To avoid them, you must carefully read the instructions and follow all the recommendations of your doctor.
Means based on Levamisole
If you are interested in how to get rid of worms at home in 1 day, then this medicine is exactly for you. For adults, taking one tablet (150 mg) at night was enough, and the problem was solved. Dosage is determined individually:
- children 3-6 years old - 25 mg;
- 7-10 years - up to 75 mg;
- 10-18 years old - 100 mg.
Levamisole active ingredient in the drug helps to remove roundworms, pinworms, threadworms and other worms. The drug is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women, as well as people with impaired kidney or liver function.
Products based on Praziquantel
Helps eliminate worms - worms and nematodes in a short time. After taking a person's medicine, the parasites become paralyzed and soon die.
The drug is available in tablet form. Capsules are taken without chewing and drinking plenty of water. The dosage is chosen according to the type of worms that you need to get rid of. Duration of treatment varies: 1-3 days.
Drugs based on albendazole
This tool not only helps to get rid of worm infections but also prevents reinfection. The drug is available in the form of tablets and suspension, which can be used in infants aged 4 years and over.
The action of the drug applies to all types of worms. It is also prescribed for mixed invasions. The main contraindication is individual intolerance to the components of the drug. Dosage depends on the type of parasite:
- to get rid of roundworms, you need to take 400 mg (tablets) or 20 ml of suspension per day;
- to kill Giardia - 10-15 mg / 1 kg for 4-6 days;
- to get rid of trichinosis, they take 400 mg (20 ml of suspension) twice a day for 15 days.
Features of personal hygiene and nutrition during treatment
To get rid of parasitic worms without negative consequences, you should adhere to the diet during the treatment period:
- Exclude heavy foods - fried, fatty, smoked foods, sweets, starchy foods, carbonated and alcoholic beverages.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Follow the diet recommended by nutritionists.
- Consume dairy products.
Patients should use personal hygiene products: towels, toothbrushes, etc. v. After using the toilet, be sure to wash your hands with soap and rinse well. You should also change your underwear daily. In this case, getting rid of the worms will be easy and the rest of the family will not be infected.
Prevention of worms
To protect yourself from getting the worms again, you need:
- Wash food and hands thoroughly before use.
- Prepare meat/fish properly (fully boiled/fried).
- Boil tap water before drinking.
- Periodically every six months, conduct helminth disease prevention for pets.
Unfortunately, no one is immune to worm infections. Children are especially susceptible to this disease that cannot be monitored around the clock. Therefore, it is advisable to get tested for worms once a year and carry out prophylactic treatment after consulting a doctor.