Worms, commonly known as worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause various deviations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Specialists can name hundreds of types of helminths, of which pinworms, roundworms, catworms, and others are the most common. Such parasites, although they cause a lot of problems, do not pose a particular threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable harm to the human body, including echinococcus, alveococcus, bovine tapeworm - a tapeworm that can reach several meters in length.
There are many reasons for introducing worms into the body, this can happen if:
- a person who neglects the rules of personal hygiene;
- failure to comply with hygienic standards when preparing food;
- eating poorly heat-processed foods;
- eat unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- not washing hands after contact with animals;
- bathing in polluted rivers and lakes;
- an insect bite (although infection through a bite is extremely rare);
- usually located next to the infected worms.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
How to get rid of helminths if in the presence of most of them there are no obvious symptoms? Even so, there are some very eloquent signs:
- difficulty having a bowel movement - some helminths can clog the intestines, causing constipation;
- diarrhea - frequent diarrhea can be a sign of helminthiasis, as these parasites secrete substances that cause watery stools;
- The formation of gas is a fairly normal phenomenon, but if this has been observed for more than 14 days, then most likely, the worms have already settled in the body;
- allergies - substances secreted by worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are the cells that cause allergies;
- muscle and joint pain - worms get into the muscle and move there, causing pain;
- deterioration in appearance - with helminthiasis, external signs of infection often occur - wrinkles, acne, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may appear;
- change in body weight - the body responds to a foreign invasion by increasing weight, and if the weight decreases, this means that the parasites absorb useful substances from it;
- anemia - helminths suck up nutrients from the blood, leading to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe anal itching - a symptom that occurs due to the discharge of worms from the body;
- grinding teeth in a dream;
- increased fatigue - acute nutrient deficiency leads to fatigue and lethargy;
- insomnia - the body begins an active fight against helminths, as a result of which there may be restless sleep or insomnia;
- fever and cough - the presence of helminths can cause shortness of breath and symptoms of an acute respiratory infection.
Before fighting with worms, you need to pass tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms?
Evolved, parasites perfectly adapted to the internal environment of humans. Often, people infected with helminths, go to the hospital with various illnesses, without even suspecting that they are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or suckers that attach them to the intestinal wall and other organs. They spread throughout the body - attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis lies in the fact that doctors can often misdiagnose it, confusing the symptoms. How to remove the worm from the body, preventing its destruction? It is very important to know that curing worms is only half the battle, because the decaying products left behind after they continue to poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
There are two ways to deworm a person - this is drug treatment and traditional medicine. Removal of worms with drugs is divided into three stages - preparation, treatment and recovery. The drug has a broad spectrum and a narrow spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill any type of parasite, narrow-spectrum drugs are prescribed to treat a certain type of worm. The most effective of them are:
- carbamic acid methyl ester - available in tablet form, for the treatment of intestinal worms and gnathostomiasis;
- tetrahydropyrimidine derivative - available as a suspension or tablets, prescribed to treat ascariasis, intestinal worms and others. This medicine can be used even during pregnancy, but it is necessary to consult a doctor first;
- Derivative benzimidazole carbamate - there are 3 types - suppositories, powders and tablets, in children it helps in deworming of pinworms. In addition, it is prescribed for bovine and swine tapeworms, Giardia and roundworms. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many drugs that help restore both worms and their decay products. But the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, as a result, patients after treatment have headaches, indigestion, allergies, irritability and fatigue. Destroying parasites, the drug simultaneously harms the microflora of the entire organism, and in this respect, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer a lot of ways to get rid of worms without the use of pharmaceutical preparations. They practically do not cause side effects, gently cleanse the body and help it to restore its functions.
Treat worms with herbs
How to deworm at home with the help of herbs? For this purpose, special plants with anthelmintic properties are collected, decoctions and tinctures are prepared from them.
- Dry mixture of cloves, ginkgo and wormwood.Take the herbs in equal amounts, mix well and eat 5 gr. of this mixture daily on an empty stomach, drink plenty of warm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- Decoction of wormwood.This deworming remedy in small quantities is very effective, but if used in excess, it will adversely affect the body. Mix plantain leaves and wormwood in equal proportions, set aside 30 gr. mixture, pour a cup of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The decoction is taken half an hour before bedtime.
- Transmission of celandine.Crush leaves and roots, 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and let cool. Then filter the mixture and drink it twice a day for 3 days. Cedarwood is a poisonous plant, but in small quantities, it is absolutely safe and very effective in the treatment of stubborn parasites.
- Elecampane Alcohol.Mix in equal proportions elecampane root, tansy flowers and dried blueberries. Set aside about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture over low heat for about half an hour. Take 5 scoops for 7 days.
Treatment of worms with folk methods includes the use of products that are available to everyone. Onions have an excellent antibacterial effect and are also used against helminthiasis:
- Use a knife to cut the middle part of the onion a little, pour a cup of warm water in, leave it overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach, drink onion tincture;
- Put the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, mix with the juice of the aloe vera plant and a teaspoon of honey. This mixture should be eaten three times a day;
- Swirl a few onions through a meat grinder, pour in half a liter of vodka. Infuse for 10-12 days, then strain and drink one tablespoon three times a day before meals.
It's important to know!Subjects banned from drinking alcohol can use infused water.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to quickly deworm with garlic:
- grind a clove of garlic in a blender, mix it with a liter of warm boiled water to make an enema before going to bed;
- crushed garlic add a glass of warm milk and drink before going to bed, this method is effective in treating worms for children;
- Make a mixture of garlic, egg yolks, salted herring, and warm milk. You need to get it in 100 gr. Several times a day, such a remedy is very effective in treating tapeworms.
Other worm remedies
There are many ways to deworm. This can be done using conventional means.
Put some green seeds in a meat grinder along with the shells. Boil a cup of water, add some salt and pour the nuts on top. Cover the mixture and leave for about 3 hours. Then filter and drink the entire infusion at once.
Squeeze out the juice of the sauerkraut and drink a few spoonfuls on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dried bark pour half a liter of vodka. Keep for 7 days in a dark place, periodically shaking the can. Strain the tincture and drink one teaspoon three to four times a day before meals. The duration of treatment is 21 days.
There are several ways to deworm in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the deworming effect, they can be combined with other products:
- seeds and honey - swirl a glass of shelled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, take a laxative after two or three hours;
- seeds and garlic - fry some seeds in a dry pan and mix with three minced garlic cloves. Add 20 gr. fresh honey, every 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk - grind the seeds and eat with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the effective and safe ways to get rid of helminths.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults with cognac. And although many are skeptical of such a treatment, when used correctly, this drink helps to get rid of helminths quickly and safely.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink it before going to bed. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea helps the worms escape from the walls of internal organs, after which they become especially vulnerable. 2 hours after drinking cognac, you need to get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine offers many safe ways to deworm children. This is very important, because a child's body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But, unfortunately, children don't always understand the need for treatment. So that it is not uncomfortable and painful, there are recipes that small patients will like:
- carrot-honey juice - mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a teaspoon of fresh honey. If your child likes carrots, you can simply grate them, add honey and feed them;
- Roast the pumpkin seeds a little, grind them, mix with honey. The child will eat this mixture with delight.
If symptoms are threatening, herbal decoction, garlic enema, and laxative may be used.
Prevention is better than cure, so to avoid parasites from entering the body, you should follow a few simple rules:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after going out and before eating;
- wash all eaten vegetables and fruits;
- must be subjected to thorough heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cutting meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with street animals;
- pets to veterinarians systematically.
Heartworm disease is a very unpleasant disease but with proper treatment it can be cured very quickly.